NOTE: This is a BETA feature available to select companies and is currently still in development.
If submitting an individual expense, you'll notice a big, blue button at the top of the form labeled "Use Auto Extract".
The Auto Extract function leverages the Accrualify optical character recognition (OCR) engine to prefill as many of the fields on your expense as possible based on the receipt you upload.
The OCR engine takes roughly 2 minutes to process your receipt image and notifies you with an in-app message or push notification when it is done.
All Auto Extract rendered expense items are initiated as DRAFT until you submit the expense.
The reason for submitting as a draft when using the OCR is to give you the opportunity to review and correct the data and add any missing fields before submitting the expense item.
You will not be able to be reimbursed for any expenses that are left in DRAFT status. To ensure timely repayment of expenses, it is imperative to ensure all OCR generated expenses are accurate and submitted into NEW status.
To use the Auto Extract method of expense reporting:
- Tap the "Use Auto Extract" button at the top of the individual expense form.
- You will be asked to either take a photo of your receipt or to upload an existing receipt image. If using image capture for the first time in the app, you may be asked to grant the app access to your camera roll and camera.
- You'll then receive a confirmation message letting you know the OCR engine is working to process your expense. You may navigate away from the expense screen or out of the app. The OCR will continue regardless.
- When the OCR is done, you'll receive an in-app message if you are still using the app. If you have closed out of the app, you will be notified with a push message.
- Navigate to the Expense section using the tab at the top of the screen. You'll see your OCR generated expense as a DRAFT expense.
- Review the data to ensure everything is correct. If you need to edit or add in a field the OCR missed, tap on the orange "Edit Expense" link at the top of the detail page. This will bring you to the expense form where you can make edits.
- Tap on the "Submit" link or button in the form screen to fully submit your expense as NEW.
- If you found the data to be accurate and complete, you can just tap on the "Submit Expense or Review" link and icon found under the header of the detail screen.