In this article, you will learn how to create and submit an expense in Corpay Complete. Expense items may be saved as a draft or immediately submitted to Corpay Complete. Note that expense items must be linked to an expense report before they can be approved.
NOTE: Visible fields and information on the Submit a New Expense Item page are based on user roles and permissions in addition to company configuration. As a result, some fields may not be visible, may only be available in a view only format, or may not be required by your company. Follow your company’s policies when entering information on the Submit a New Expense Item page.
Creating and Saving an Expense as a Draft
To create and save an expense as a draft:
1. Log in to Corpay Complete.
2. Select the Expenses menu item from the left-side navigation pane.
NOTE: The visibility of pages and information in Corpay Complete is based on roles and permissions assigned to users by a company as well as company configuration. As a result, the pages in your left-side navigation pane may be different from the pages in the image above.
3. On the Expenses tab, select the + Create button.
4. Complete the remaining fields on the Submit a New Expense Item page and then click the Save Draft button.
5. The expense will be assigned a status of Draft.
Creating and Submitting an Expense
To create an expense item so that it may be connected to an expense report:
1. Select the Expenses menu item from the left-side navigation pane.
2. On the Expenses tab, select the + Create button.
3. Complete the remaining fields on the Submit a New Expense Item page and then click the Submit button.
4. The expense item will be assigned a status of New.
5. Create an expense report for the expense item.
NOTE: Expense reports are required after creating the expense item.