In this article, you will learn how to add a vendor from the Corpay Complete vendor database. If a vendor cannot be found in the Corpay Complete vendor database, a new vendor may be created. When creating a new vendor, all information must be entered manually according to your company’s policies.
NOTE: You must have an Admin or Staff_Request_Vendor role to add a vendor. If your role is Staff_Request_Vendor, the vendor must be approved by an Admin user before it will be available on the Vendors page.
1. Log in to Corpay Complete.
2. Select the Vendors menu item from the left-side navigation pane.
NOTE: The visibility of pages and information in Corpay Complete is based on roles assigned to users by a company as well as company configuration. As a result, the pages in your left-side navigation pane may be different from the pages in the image above.
3. On the Vendors page, select the + Add button.
4. On the Add Vendor dialog, enter the vendor's name or a keyword in the Vendor Name field. Alternatively, enter the vendor’s employee identification number (EIN) in the EIN # field.
5. Complete one of the following steps:
- If the vendor exists in the Corpay Complete vendor database, it will display in the search results. Click the Select button next to the desired vendor in the search results.
- If a match is not found in the Corpay Complete vendor database, click the Create New Vendor button.
NOTE: To avoid duplicate vendors, Corpay recommends checking the Corpay Complete vendor database before creating a new vendor.
6. The Create New Vendor dialog will display.
NOTE: The visibility of fields and information in Corpay Complete is based on roles and permissions assigned to users in addition to company configuration. As a result, some information may not be visible, may only be available in a view only format, or may not be required by your company. Follow your company’s policies when entering information in the Create New Vendor dialog.
7. On the Vendor Details page, add or review the following information:
- Vendor Name: The name of the vendor.
- Status: The vendor status. This field may be changed by Admin users.
8. Add or review the remaining vendor details.
9. Click the Next button.
10. On the Additional Details page, select a subsidiary from the Primary Subsidiary drop-down.
11. Add or review the remaining additional details.
12. Click the Next button.
13. On the Add Vendor Contact page, create a vendor contact:
a. Enter the vendor contact’s first name in the First Name field.
b. Enter the vendor contact’s last name in the Last Name field.
c. Enter the vendor contact’s email address in the Email Address field.
d. (Optional) Enter the vendor contact’s telephone number in the Phone field.
14. Click the Next button.
15. On the Add Payment Method page, select a payment type from the Payment Type drop-down.
16. Complete the required information for the selected payment type. Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk *.
17. Click the Next button.
18. On the Documents Requested page, upload optional documents on behalf of your vendor.
NOTE: Documents may be uploaded later in the Vendor Portal.
19. Click the Next button.
20. On the Final Review page, confirm the vendor details, additional details, vendor contact information, payment method, and requested documents.
- Click the Edit icon to return to a page to make changes.
- Click the icon to expand a pane on the Final Review page.
21. Add optional notes or information in the Notes field.
22. Choose from the following checkboxes:
- Select the 1099 Eligible? checkbox if the vendor is eligible for a 1099 tax form.
- Select the Paid Outside? checkbox if the vendor will be paid externally from Corpay Complete.
- Select the Has W-9? checkbox if the vendor has a W-9 tax form.
- Select the Override EIN Check? checkbox to prevent Corpay Complete from checking the vendor database for a vendor with a duplicate EIN or tax ID.
NOTE: If the Override EIN Check? checkbox is selected and a vendor is found with the same EIN or tax ID, the new vendor will be saved with the duplicate EIN or tax ID.
- Select the PO Not Required checkbox if purchase orders are not required for the vendor.
- Select the Contact Address on PO checkbox if purchase orders must have a contact address.
- Select the Do not push to ERP checkbox if the vendor should not be pushed to your ERP system.
- Select the Portal Disabled checkbox to disable the Vendor Portal for this vendor.
23. Click the Submit button.
24. One of the following actions will occur:
- If an approval workflow exists, the vendor will be submitted for approval.
- If an approval workflow is not required, the vendor will display on the Vendors page.